Moving Boat Deployments - TechTips
This page is for presenting information that are helpful in the use of ADCPs. The information presented here may have been published as part of a larger publication which could be found in the references section or has not yet been official published but is information that is helpful to the use of ADCPs.
Use of forms and checklists are a good way to help prevent oversights in preparation, collection and processing of data. Several forms are available for download below.
SVMAQ is the USGS utility for recording surface water site visit data and outputting them in a format for loading into the USGS NWIS database. SVMAQ can be used to electronically record notes during an ADCP discharge measurement. Additional information on SVMAQ can be found at the WMA Field Computing Integration and Support (FCIS) SVMobileAQ Webpage (INTERNAL ONLY)
ADCP Discharge Measurement Form
- PDF Version
- Microsoft Word (2007) Version
- Examples of completed discharge measurement forms
Beam Alignment Test Form
Review forms for ADCP measurements and quality assurance practices for OSW reviews
The following quick reference sheets were developed to provide the user in the field with some basic information about the instruments that may be useful for configuration and use of the instruments.
Hydroacoustic Updates contain important information related to the configuration and use of ADCPs that may not yet be published but is important to document and distribute to ADCP users.
- Potential Issues with Sontek M9 Data in Low Backscatter Environments
- Explanation of New High Definition Contour Display in Teledyne RD Instruments (TRDI) WinRiver II Software Versions 2.22 and Above
- Identifying Interference That May Affect ADCP Streamflow Measurements
- Mean Velocity for Stationary Profiles using WinRiver
- Use of Filters in GPS Receivers
- Determining Magnetic Variation for GPS Use with ADCPs
- Computing Minimum Time Between Pings
- GPS Baud Rates