On DemandThis page is an organized index of select USGS OSW Hydroacoustic podcasts, recorded webinars, and online training. Links to the same podcasts or webinars may be found other places on the OSW Hydroacoustic web pages.
Instructional podcast and recorded webinars are designed to offer convenient, on-demand instruction and assistance on a variety of hydroacoustic instrumentation topics. The podcasts are typically video presentation that have been created to cover a specific topic. The available webinars are live presentations that were recorded.
Online training classes listed are typically longer in duration, with more in-depth content on a subject.
Moving-Boat ADCP Discharge Measurements
- Measurement Issues You May Be Overlooking (Podcast)
- ADCP Communication Options (Podcast)
- Beam Alignment Test and Check 2013 (Podcast)
- SW1321 Streamflow Measurements Using ADCPs Prerequisite (Online Training Class - also good refresher)
- Introduction to extrap 3.x (Podcast)
- Mastering the WinRiver II Measurement Wizard with a Rio Grande (Podcast)
- Using ADCPs in Moving Bed Conditions (Online Training Class)
Mid-Section Discharge Measurements
- HydroTube Midsection Video Index - Screencast Series
- Field Review and Processing of Mid-Section ADCP Measurements - Screencast Series (Podcast)
- Using ADCPs for Open Water Mid-Section Measurements (Podcast)
- Using ADCPs Under Ice (Podcast)
- Measurement of Stream Discharge by Wading (Online Training Class SW1271, includes FlowTracker module)
- SW1319 Streamflow Record Computations Using ADVMs and Index-Velocity Methods Prerequisite (Online Training Class - Good introduction and refresher to Index Velocity)
- Selecting ADVM Measurement Volumes (Podcast)
- Programming SonTek ADVMs (Podcast)
- Programming a Sutron Satlink DCP when using a SonTek ADVM (Podcast)